Urban Learners’ aims are:
• to help develop young people and community’s architectural literacy through active learning in the built environment and participatory design.
• to bring diversity into architecture and related professions, so that our future built environments reflect the societies that they are designed for.
• to highlight to schools the importance of, and need for creative subjects at GCSE and A Level for built environment career pathways.
How will we achieve these aims?
· Engage with primary and secondary school pupils from under-represented communities.
· Provide creative workshop activities, which are experiential and kinesthetic, with multiple learning outcomes.
By learning about and through architecture, and urban landscapes, our ‘urban learners’ will creatively explore ‘every day’ problems, which also link to the National Curriculum targets for: art, design and technology, maths, geography, science and history.